RIR-ICWA joint roundtable on Russia-India security cooperation
On Wednesday, April 19, the Russia & India Report and the Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) will hold a panel discussion on Indo-Russian cooperation in the fight against global terrorism and ensuring stability in Afghanistan, Central Asia and the Indo-Pacific region as a whole. The event will take place as a part of the celebrations to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Russia and India.
How can Moscow and New Delhi work together in countering terror domestically and in the region? What steps should the governments take to address the crisis in Afghanistan?
Moderated by the Russia & India Report’s Executive Editor Ksenia Zubacheva, the panel will feature the following distinguished speakers:
- Vyacheslav Trubnikov, formerly Director of the Foreign Intelligence Service of the Russian Federation (1996-2000), First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation (2000-2004), Ambassador of the Russian Federation to India (2004-2009)
- Boris Volkhonsky, Deputy Head of the Centre for Asia and the Middle East at the Russian Institute for Strategic Studies
- Vladimir Sotnikov, Senior Research Fellow at the Institute of Oriental Studies of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Ambassador Nalin Surie, Director General, Indian Council of World Affairs
- Ambassador P.S. Raghavan, Convenor, National Security Advisory Board, Former Ambassador of India to the Russian Federation, Ireland & the Czech Republic
- Dr. Athar Zafar, Research Fellow, Indian Council of World Affairs
The discussion will take place in a video conference format.
If you are interested in attending the event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The event is supported by the Russian International Affairs Council (RIAC).